Yep, I’m 49 today so 365 days to go until the big 5-0.
I know, I know, I haven’t posted in a while. Life has been beyond hectic lately. I know it’s not an excuse to ignore this project, which is very important to me so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to jump back in with both feet!
So where am I in this journey? Really? There are up days and down days. Days where I feel like I can conquer the world and days where I don’t want to get out of bed. Sound familiar? We all have this, right? Right? Please tell me I’m right.
First, I finished my first Whole 30 on June 30th. What an experience. I will post that story soon. I don’t want to spoil it. Here’s a hint, though, I started a second round on September 1st if that tells you anything.
Second, the tomatoes… The tomatoes (and the rest of my garden) have been so much work this summer. I am learning so much. For the first time ever I have had pest and disease problems. Ugh! So frustrating. Tomato horn worms, squash bugs, flea beetles, fungus flies, powdery mildew, blight and blossom end rot. I’ve been trying so hard to be organic so it’s a challenge.
Third, my life has been riddled with dealing with other people’s problems. Work, friends, family. Work, okay, I get paid to deal with other people’s problems. It is what it is, but there are some days where it is overwhelming.
So, on the momentous occasion of my 49th birthday I am committing myself (no, not that type of commitment) to positivity, productivity and self care.
- Positivity. For me, this means surrounding myself with positive people. It’s really hard to stay positive when you’re surrounded by people that complain constantly.
- Productivity. I have focus issues. I have the hardest time staying on task. Can you acquire ADD at this age? I know at work that part of my issue is that I have constant interruptions, but other times, I just can’t explain why I lose focus so easily.
- Self care. Taking care of this body of mine. We only get one. One. Changing the way that I eat and being active has already made a huge difference. Followed by:
- Going to bed and getting up earlier. I’ve been getting up earlier all summer, because that’s when it’s cool enough to be in the garden. Unfortunately, I have not been good about going to bed earlier which has resulted in a very tired me.
- Skin care. I have been so bad for the first 48 years or so when it comes to skin care. Especially now that I have started dropping weight, one of my biggest fears is my skin sagging as the fat drops. I have really ramped up my skin care routine.
That is where I have been and some of my future direction. 135 days down and 365 days to go. I hope it will be a worthwhile journey.
Stay tuned. I will be posting regularly again, because it’s important to me so share my 500 DAYS to being the most awesome 50 year old. JUST ONE YEAR FROM TODAY!